Saturday 10 October 2015

What you will find here

On this site you will find links connected to the ethics of space exploration and a lecture I have given to astronomy clubs, “Perhaps we can, but should we? Ethical limits to Space exploration”.  The material is organised as follows:-

  > abstract of the lecture (scroll down)

  > links to relevant posts on my blog (scroll down)

  > 25-min audio file, discussion of space ethics (scroll to bottom)

  > my presentation slides 

  > sources for the quotations used in the lecture

  > diverse links – see subject tabs at top of this page

Feel free to discuss any points with me, or suggest additional material, and please tell me about any broken links. You can email me at  peterhousehold@gmail.com

Note re lecture to Shannonside Astronomy Club 5/11/15.  In the event I only covered the first half of the presentation, up to planetary protection slide 31, but not including the question of protecting planetary landscapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment